18 August 2009

Three Times Too Many

This is a post to laugh at myself.

I decided to be more adventurous with my choice of lipstick. I felt that it was time that the colours and type I use ought to vary a little.

There was a sale. So I shopped for lipstick. Tested the different ones on the back of my hand, I chose one. Went home to try it on properly and preen in the mirror.
That's when I found I had the same one already on the dressing table.

That was episode number one.

Episode number two was when I was waiting . Just killing time you know. Again, a sale was being held. Deciding that I would definitely go for something different, I marched boldly to the lipstick sections. This time I took twice as long to test and confirm the one I wanted.

When I got home, I decided to check the ones I have in comparison. After all, I was going to be more daring!

To my utter disguest with myself, I found an EXACT one already taking its place. Hardly used. Humph!

You can't imagine it getting worse, right? Sigh... If only I was making this up....

Episode three was just two days ago. This time, the shop was different. The sale was big. The time was at night. Again, I was waiting for someone. I took three times as long. I tested every single lipstick on the shelf. Read it again - EVERY SINGLE ONE. Even those that I KNEW would be simply yucky. The back of my hand was a sticky mess by the time I was done.

And yet.

My selection was... dare I post this....

My selection was IDENTICAL to the one I had in my purse and was already using!!!!

Bury head in hands and groan.....

3 comments:

Elsha Liew said...

...............

Aunt Liz!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious!! lol!! Sometimes we just can't change even if we want to eh. hahahhahaha! Get someone else to pick it for u :P tat's wat I do with clothes n stuff, cz I always pick up stuff that looks like everything else I already have! :)

Michael said...

like that also can ah...

janet said...

hahahha. that's really really funny. it just means that you still wanna stick to what you like.