21 February 2009

Showering Naked

Reading an article in the e-news prompted me to make a post about allergies in one of my other blogspot.

That in turn, reminded me of an incident which happened during my time in England.

Hubby and I had good friends with whom we played badminton.

Such good friends we were too.

From the first time we played, we had a great time as we were fairly evenly matched.

On that occasion however, we had a unique experience which cemented our friendship.

After playing for a couple of hours, we headed for the showers.

There, as we made idle chat, the other lady and I got ready for the showers. Not having been to that place before, I didn't know what to expect. So I followed her cue, discretely taking off the sweat-ladened clothes and wrapping a towel around me before going around the corner.

Can you imagine my shock when I rounded the corner to see a communal shower area? Not only were there no doors to close, there were no walls to separate the different shower heads!

Now, if you were a high "S", you'd probably stop in horror and back out totally, murmuring some excuse about forgetting the soap (that was in your hand) or change of clothes (which was more plausible). You would not want to hurt your friend, but at the same time, might feel very hurt yourself.

If you were a high "C", you'd probably get so upset by this unexpected turn that you would never ever consider her a friend anymore. You might stomp off, upset that this so-called friend didn't think more considerately and plan better. And you would definitely never return to that place again!

As a high "D" however, you would just go ahead with it, without batting an eyelid. Whilst other ladies would shower with their eyes cast down, you might even chat and try to make eye contact as you do so! After all, isn't everyone essentially the same?

What about an "I"? Well, this person would also not bat an eyelid. Even more so than a "D", the high "I" would talk - nervously. With an innate desire to please, to want to be accepted, to be seen as OK, the high "I" will also be extrovert enough to carry on showering.

All showers should be done in the buff... unless you are referring to April showers outside! How would you have behaved?

(If you want to know how I behaved, comments HERE please - don't email me)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should also write about naked sauna and missionaries.

Elsha Liew said...

??? Haha. ok. I'm I and D but i would do neither of what you said they'd do. I'd stop and say, "I'm not going in there. Sorry." lol!

Anonymous said...

That is the D talking Elsha, to be able to stand firm and say NO :)